Foods you can eat after a colonoscopy
- drinks with electrolytes.
- fruit juice.
- vegetable juice.
- herbal tea.
- saltine crackers.
- graham crackers.
Then, what is the best thing to eat after a colonoscopy?
After a colonoscopy, a doctor will likely recommend the following:
- White fish.
- Gelatin or pudding.
- Scrambled eggs.
- Canned or jarred fruit.
- White toast or bread.
- Cooked vegetables. Well-steamed, baked, or sauteed vegetables that are cooked until tender are a good choice following a colonoscopy.
Also Know, what are some of the after effects of a colonoscopy? Problems after colonoscopy
- feeling bloated or gassy if air is introduced into your colon during the procedure and it starts to leave your system.
- a slight amount of blood coming from your rectum or in your first bowel movement.
- temporary light cramping or abdominal pain.
- nausea as a result of the anesthesia.
Beside this, how long will it take to recover from a colonoscopy?
After a colonoscopy, most people are back to work and “normal life” within 24 hours, or after the sedation wears off. It is recommended to refrain from flying for 48 hours after the procedure.
Can I drink coffee after colonoscopy?
Instead consume only clear liquids like clear broth or bouillon, black coffee or tea, clear juice, sports drinks, popsicles, etc. The day of the colonoscopy, as on the previous day, drink clear liquid foods only. Drink plenty of liquids to stay hydrated, even if you don’t feel especially thirsty.