Indoor palm plants can be pruned tokeep them looking nice, and to maintain their shape. Pruningoff any old yellow, brown or spotted leaves on a regular basis is agood habit to get into, and will keep you palm plantlooking its best.
Considering this, how do I prune a palm tree?
Trimming an Indoor Palm Plant
- Pinch off any dead or hanging fronds, using your fingertips.Dead fronds are those that appear yellow or brown.
- Prune dead stems, using pruning shears or sharp scissors.
- Neaten the palm by trimming away any new growth that developsat the base of the tree, using your pruning shears.
Secondly, when should palm trees be trimmed? Palm trees need only be trimmed when theoldest fronds on the tree have turned brown, dry and dead.As palm trees grow, new fronds are formed every year and theoldest fronds die. As a result, trimming should not benecessary more than once or twice per year.
Simply so, should I cut off Brown palm leaves?
If the palm is not getting enough water, or ifthe humidity is too low, the leaf tips will turnbrown. Water more frequently and on a regular basis. You cantrim the brown leaf tips to keep the plant moreattractive. Avoid removing the entire frond before it turnscompletely brown.
How do you care for an indoor palm tree?
How to Care for a Palm Plant
- Plant your palm in a new container.
- Pour a layer of gravel 1 to 2 inches deep in the driptray.
- Place the palm in an area that receives plenty of bright,filtered natural light.
- Provide a consistently warm temperature.
- Water your palms when the surface of the soil is dry to thetouch.