Method 2: Transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to Android
- Open WhatsApp on your Android device.
- Tap the Menu icon > Settings.
- Tap “Chats” from the list of settings.
- Tap Chat Backup.
- Tap “Account” to select or add your Google Drive account.
- Check “Include Videos” if you would like to export them too.
Keeping this in consideration, how do I transfer my WhatsApp conversations to my new phone?
Verify the new phone number by entering the verification code that you’ll receive on the new phone. If you also wish to transfer your chat history, create a backup by going to WhatsApp > tap More options > Settings > Chats > Chat backup > Back Up (we suggest enabling Google Drive backup).
Beside above, will I lose my WhatsApp conversations if I change phones? Once you change your phone with the same WhatsApp number, WhatsApp would be deactivated on your old phone. Since you say that you do not want those old messages in your new phone, the only way you can read those messages again is if you have a backup of the chat emailed to you.
Similarly, you may ask, how do I transfer my WhatsApp to my new iPhone?
Method 2: Transport WhatsApp Chats to a New iPhone by Using WhatsApp iCloud Backup
- Make sure you have iCloud backup function for iPhone enabled on both your phones.
- On your old iPhone, go to WhatsApp.
- Tap settings > Chat settings > Chat backup.
- Click on Backup Now.
- Now on your new iPhone, install WhatsApp.
What happens to my WhatsApp when I change phone?
If you use our Change Number feature, your chat history will continue to be available on your phone with the new phone number as long as you continue using the same phone. Please make sure your WhatsApp contacts have your new phone number saved in their phone’s address books to ensure a seamless messaging experience.