Here are some of the most highly recommended ways to get rid of slippery floors:
- Keep floors dry at all times.
- Use a degreasing agent in areas that are typically exposed to oil.
- Use the right kind of cleaner and polish.
- Clean floors thoroughly.
- Always use a dry mop after cleaning and polishing.
In this regard, how do you get rid of slippery bathroom floors?
Use skid-free rugs Rubber suction mats are the best to be used in bathrooms. Opt for materials that are highly water absorbent and soak excess water. Do not keep plastic bathroom mats as they are slippery. Keep rugs near the sink and the tub for better and instant grip.
Similarly, how do I stop my bathroom from being slippery? Top 10 Ways To Prevent A Bathroom Slip And Fall
- Ditch The Throw Rug. Believe it or not, these slippery floor coverings are the most common cause of a household slip and fall.
- Prevent Tub Slippage.
- Keep It Clean.
- Keep It Dry.
- Install Grab Bars Or Rails.
- Light It Up.
- Raise Up Your Toilet Seat.
- Grab A Bath Or Shower Seat.
Keeping this in view, how do you get rid of slippery floors?
Combine one part vinegar and two parts water. Mop the floor with this solution to remove old waxy residues and cleaning products that make floors slick. If the floor is wet to the touch after mopping, run a dry mop over it to absorb excess liquid.
Why is my bathroom floor so slippery?
Though a major cause of slippery bathroom is stagnant soapy water, it is not always possible to keep it water-free. However, some smart design changes and minor renovations can make your bathroom area safe and accident-free. The first and foremost step towards bathroom safety is to apply anti-slip coating on the floor.