Use two 12-volt deep-cycle marine batteries and connect as follows:
- Connect the BLACK wire from the trolling motor power cable to the negative (-) battery terminal of one battery (battery B).
- Connect the RED wire from the trolling motor power cable to the positive (+) post of the other battery (battery A).
READ Are Tulsi and Holy Basil the same?
Consequently, does a 24 volt trolling motor need 2 batteries?
If using a crank battery to start a gasoline outboard, we recommend that you use separate deep cycle marine battery/batteries for your Minn Kota trolling motor. 24 Volt Systems (2 batteries): 1. Two 12-volt deep cycle batteries are required.
how do you get 24v out of 2 12v batteries? Making a 24-volt battery from two 12-volt batteries is moderately simple if you follow a few guidelines.
- Connect one battery cable to the positive (+) terminal of one of your 12-volt batteries.
- Connect the other end to the negative terminal (-) of the second 12-volt battery.
READ How do I find a forensic accountant?
Secondly, how do you hook up two 12 volt batteries?
How to Wire Two 12 Volt Batteries Together
- Make a series connection to the two 12 volt batteries. Attach the positive (+) and negative (-) terminals from each battery together.
- Connect one of the battery cables to the positive terminal on battery number one.
- Make a parallel connection for the two 12 volt batteries.
- Use one battery cable.
READ How do I fix steam manifest unavailable?
Can you convert a 12 volt trolling motor to 24 volt?
To answer your base question – can I convert my 12 volt trolling motor to 24 volts – to give me more power or thrust?? The answer is NO. Essentially, you have a 12 volt motor. If you try to run it on 24 volts, you will burn it up.