To disable automatic Sleep:
- Open up Power Options in the Control Panel. In Windows 10 you can get there from right clicking on the start menu and going to Power Options.
- Click change plan settings next to your current power plan.
- Change “Put the computer to sleep” to never.
- Click “Save Changes”
In this regard, why does my PC keep going to sleep?
Solution 1: Check the power settings If your power settings are configured to sleep in a short time, for example, 5 minutes, you’ll experience the computer keeps going to sleep issue. To fix the problem, the first thing to do is check the power settings, and change the settings if necessary.
Furthermore, how do I keep my screen from turning off Windows 10? Choose When to Turn off Display on Windows 10
- Step 2: Open PC and devices (or System).
- Step 3: Choose Power and sleep.
- Step 2: Enter System and Security.
- Step 3: Tap Change when the computer sleeps under Power Options.
- Step 4: Click the down arrow and select time from the list.
- Step 5: Click Save changes to make the setting effective.
Considering this, why does my Windows 10 keep going to sleep?
Go to Advanced power settings (click on Windows button, write power options, click on Power Options, in the selected plan click on the Change plan settings, click on the Change advanced power settings). 9. Click Sleep, then System unattended sleep timeout, then change these settings from 2 Minutes to 20 for example.
How do you keep windows awake?
Change the Power Settings (Windows 7) Navigate to Control Panel > System and Security > Power Options and then click on Change plan settings, next to your default power plan. Alternatively, you can just type change power-saving settings in the Search tab in the start menu and click on the option that shows up.