Animals Found Only in the Philippines
- Philippine Eagle. Credit to Nigel Voaden via birdlife.org.
- Philippine Crocodile. Credit to wikipedia.org.
- Tamaraw. Credit to wikipedia.org.
- Philippine Flying Lemur. Credit to wikipedia.org.
- Philippine Mouse-Deer. Credit to alchetron.com.
Likewise, people ask, what animals are found in the Philippines?
The Philippines are inhabited by more than 200 species of mammals, including water buffalo (carabao), goats, horses, hogs, cats, dogs, monkeys, squirrels, lemurs, mice, pangolins (scaly anteaters), chevrotains (mouse deer), mongooses, civet cats, and red and brown deer, among others.
Additionally, what is the most common animal in the Philippines? carabaos
Besides, what are the unique animals found in the Philippines?
Unique animals indigenous only to the Philippines
- Philippine Eagle. Also known as the Monkey Eating Eagle.
- The Philippine Crocodile. This crocodile is found only in the Philippines as well.
- Philippine Flying Lemur.
- The Philippine Mouse Deer.
- The Philippine Spotted Deer.
What is the most dangerous animal in the Philippines?
The box jellyfish has been known as the world’s most venomous creature, although there are only few deaths recorded in the Philippines.