Top 10 vegetables to grow in your garden
- Broccoli. Watch out for cabbage worms when you grow broccoli (Photo: alexpro9500/Shutterstock)
- Peas. Peas need support for plants to climb. (
- Beans (especially navy beans, great northern beans, kidney beans)
- Brussels sprouts.
- Red bell peppers.
- Leaf amaranth.
READ How do you celebrate a large promotion?
Regarding this, what is the easiest vegetable to grow?
To encourage you to start with this very rewarding task, we compiled a list of the easiest vegetables to grow, so that anyone can have success.
- Lettuce. There are many types of lettuce that can be grown.
- Green Beans.
- Yellow Summer Squash.
- Root Vegetables: Radishes and Carrots.
- Bell Peppers.
READ How do you propagate ostrich ferns?
Secondly, what are the best vegetables to plant in spring? 10 vegetables to plant in spring to kickstart your garden
- This vegetable will also flower when there is warmth, so now is the time to get it going.
- The University of Illinois Extension calls tropical tomatoes the most popular garden vegetable in America.
READ How thick is each layer of the Earth in miles?
Considering this, how can I grow vegetables at home?
Here are a few tips for choosing a good site:
- Plant in a sunny location. Most vegetables need at least 6 hours of direct sunlight per day.
- Plant in good soil. Plants’ roots penetrate soft soil more easily, so you need nice loamy soil.
- Plant in a stable environment.
READ What age does Cedar Point hire?
How do I grow vegetables in my backyard?
Garden vegetables can be grown from seed sown indoors in pots or trays, sown outdoors directly into the garden beds, or transplanted from starters bought at a garden center. When sowing seeds indoors in trays or pots, use a fine sterilized potting mix (do not compost or garden soil for starting seeds).