Herein, what can I use for scratch art?
DIY Scratch Art the Easy Way
- Sturdy paper (we used ultimate art paper)
- Oil pastels (you can also use crayons)
- Black paint (we liked black BioColors the best but also tried acrylics and tempera)
- Foam brush.
- Toothpicks and/or Q-tips.
READ What flowers begin with the letter A?
Furthermore, what is scratch painting? Scratch art is a unique art form using scratchboard. Scratchboard is a wooden panel coated with a layer of white clay and then sprayed with a layer of black India ink. It was developed for the professional scratch artist.
In respect to this, how do you do scratch art?
READ How tall is a 10 gallon trash can?
- Gather your supplies.
- Place your card stock on a piece of wax paper, which will help protect your table.
- Continue coloring, adding many different colors, to cover the entire paper.
- Add some black poster paint to a small bowl and pour a tiny amount of dish soap.
- Cover the entire paper and allow to try.
READ What are common themes in literature?
What is scratch art paper made of?
Scratchboard refers to both a fine-art medium, and an illustrative technique using sharp knives and tools for engraving into a thin layer of white China clay that is coated with dark, often black India ink. There is also foil paper covered with black ink that, when scratched, exposes the shiny surface beneath.