If you come across a GPX file there are a variety of applications that can open it, including Google Earth, GPSRouteX, and GPX Viewer. GPX files store three types of data: Waypoint – Includes GPS coordinates of a point.
In this way, how do I open a GPX file on my PC?
Open . gpx files in HomePort
- Open HomePort.
- Click File in the menu bar.
- Click Import into My Collection.
- Locate and select the file with the extension . gpx.
- Click Open.
Similarly, how do I open a GPX file in Windows 10? With this app you can view GPX files (routes, tracks, point of interest) on a Windows 10 pc. If you use a smartphone, you can also follow you and draw the route on the map, then save it in the device.
Then, what is a GPX file and how do I open it?
How to open GPX file (NMEA log, Magellan SD)
- In the GPS Track Editor main menu, choose File | Open track
- In the Open File dialog, choose a folder with your GPS tracks.
- The file type is detected automatically.
- To open several files, hold Ctrl or Shift key and click the required items.
- Click Open.
How do GPX files work?
GPX, also commonly referred to as GPS eXchange format, is an open standard XML type that contains Global Positioning System (GPS) coordinates on top of additional map data. The format has seen increased growth and is used by many manufacturers as their preferred native format no matter the device.