Take care not to get infections for up to one year or more after your chemotherapy. Practice safe eating and drinking during cancer treatment. DO NOT eat or drink anything that may be undercooked or spoiled. Make sure your water is safe.
Hereof, what is good to eat after chemotherapy?
Whole Grains and Starchy Vegetables: oats, quinoa, barley, brown rice, popcorn, corn, potatoes, peas, winter squash, and 100% whole grain bread, pasta, cereal, and crackers. Nutritious Fats: olive oil, canola oil, nut butters (such as peanut butter or almond butter), avocado, nuts, and seeds.
Additionally, how long does it take to feel better after finishing chemo? 6 to 12 months
Then, what should you not do after chemo?
Foods to avoid (especially for patients during and after chemo):
- Hot, spicy foods (i.e. hot pepper, curry, Cajun spice mix).
- High fiber foods (i.e. raw fruit and vegetables, coarse whole grains).
- Fatty, greasy, or fried foods.
- Rich desserts.
- Nuts, seeds, or dried fruit.
What is the fastest way to recover from chemotherapy?
Take care while your body recovers from chemo
- Don’t ignore minor symptoms.
- Talk to your health care provider to make sure you’re up to date on all of your vaccines.
- Exercise and eat healthfully.
- If you smoke, try to quit.