In the mid 1970s women wore sweaters, T-shirts, cardigans, kimonos, graphic T-shirts and sweaters, jeans, khakis, gauchos, workmen’s clothes, and vintage clothing. Around 1976, casual fashion adopted a Parisan peasant look. This included capes, turbans, puffy skirts and shirts with billowing sleeves.
Then, what was the style in the 70s?
Popular styles included bell bottom pants, frayed jeans, midi skirts, maxi dresses, Tie dye, peasant blouses, and ponchos. Some accessories that will help pull together your early ‘70s Hippie outfits are chokers, headbands, scarves, and jewelry made of wood, stones, feathers, and beads.
One may also ask, what should I wear at 70? Here’s What to Wear When It’s 70 Degrees
- Maxi Dress + Corset Belt + Buckled Brogues.
- Duster Jacket + Midi Dress + Wrap Sandals.
- Wide-Leg Pants + Cropped Tank + Denim Jacket + Pumps.
- Wrap Top + Jeans + Sneakers.
- Denim Shorts + Tweed Jacket + Slides.
- White Denim Skirt + Sweater + Slingbacks.
Keeping this in consideration, what do you wear to a 70s party?
Tips for What to Wear to a 70s Party
- Bell-bottom jeans.
- Polyester leisure suit. Source.
- Shirts and jackets with wide lapels.
- Tie-dyed shirts or jackets.
- Peasant blouse or skirt.
- Army jacket.
What hairstyles were popular in the 70’s?
Hair Through History: 9 Iconic Hairstyles of the 1970s
- The Shag. Jane Fonda wore the look in the 1971 film Klute and inspired a nation to follow suit.
- The Feathered Look.
- Straight and Sleek.
- Facial Hair.
- The Pageboy.
- The Wedge.
- Long Locks for Men.
- Brow-Skimming Bangs.